January 23, 2006

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I love birthdays because they're the only days that are just about me. I've always used them as an excuse to have attention lavished on me. I will never let anyone forget my birthday. I'm that annoying friend who comes up to you in the middle of a party and be all "Guess what next Monday is! My birthday!" But I love them best because it's when you get to lavish attention on your loved ones. To spend a day making your favorite people know that you think they are the coolest, it's just so much fun. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love presents, but making other people happy with an awesome gift is just so much more fulfilling to me. I've been known to give David his birthday presents a week in advance because I just can't wait to see his reaction. Birthdays are even better than Christmas because it's all about you and nobody cares if you make a fool of yourself and get way too drunk or eat the entire cake by yourself. It's the perfect excuse for all most any kind of behavior: "Dude, why is that guy floating in the fountain wearing a crown?" "It's his birthday." "Oooh. Happy birthday, man!" "Why is that girl telling everyone there's an oil fund hidden in the house?" "Cause she's wasted because it's her birthday." "Oh, ok. Somebody make her a drink." (Not that I know anyone that these things happened to.) Cause birthdays are awesome and are all about you! Happy birthday to me and everyone else!


*Photo courtesy of Nick and all of his fantastic self!

No comments:

Post a Comment