March 02, 2006

This cat is of the Devil...

Well, I definitely named my kitten well (Maleficent).

So, yesterday it's feeling fanfrickingtastic outside so I open the window and lay down to take a little nap. I don't have a screen on this window, but I think nothing of it because it's on the second floor and my kitten sits on the sill everyday watching the squirrels. So, I wake up an hour later and plop down on the couch to watch some American Idol. Another hour later, I hear a faint jingle. I suddenly realize that I haven't seen Maleficent since I fell asleep. Knowing her past history, I begin searching in the most random place I can think of. Behind the couch? Nothing. Under the cabinet? Nope. Behind the water heater? No! So I slowly begin to freak out. Then a bulb comes on. The window! I then realize that jingling I heard was outside. Yes, my six-month-old kitten jumped out the second story window and is outside where she has never been before. (Doesn't bode too well for my future children, huh?) Outside I go, food dish in hand, to try to lure her back. I caught a glimpse of her, but as soon as I tried to move to her, off she went.

So, for the second time in 3 months my cat has run away. I'm still holding out hope that she'll come back or someone will find her because she's got a tag on her collar. My pets hate me. Apparantly my duty in life is to adopt animals, fix them, and set them back into the wild, sterilized and fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment