September 29, 2006

Boredom! At the Office...

Fall Break has started and I, once again, am not going anywhere but work, so a long rambling post ensues...
______________________________________________
Even if no one's wondered, I feel the need to explain my url. It might be stupid, but there's a story behind it (of course). [Sidenote: My cubicle-sharer person just farted. Ew.] My concentration for my Bachelor's is Agricultural and Environmental Soil Sciences. Random, I know. Well, a basic class for this is Soils. Duh. So anyway, one of the professors for this class is a total hardass who really knows his shit. On the first day of class he always asks, "So, what is soil?" And, inevitably, some person who didn't get the memo to sit down, shut up, and pay attention in this class raises his/her hand and answers some form of "Well, it's broken down rock and plants and dirt and stuff." And, every semester, this professor proceeds to get on his soapbox and berate the entire class for thinking soil and dirt are the same thing. "Soil is not dirt, dirt is what you clean out from between your toes!"

Okay, you might not think that's so funny, but what I decided to do with this information is. At a party not so long ago, I had imbibed a little much (read: 1/4 of a fifth of Jack Daniel's) and it being a college party, someone asked me my major. I proceeded to tell him, and he responds with "So, you, like, study dirt?" "No, you idiot! Soil is not dirt!" I replied, quite vehemently. I then told him why and the importance of soil at great length and volume before someone wandered over and saved this poor guy by telling me there were shots in the next room. (There weren't.) So, people tease me about it all the time now. Hence the name, a little self-deprecating inside joke. There you go.
______________________________________________

I'm revisiting my high school to stay the night with my sister tomorrow. I went to a magnet boarding school. Pray for my sanity.
______________________________________________

I've started wedding dress shopping! I'm actually going to do some more tomorrow with my sister. So far, I've found one I love. And it's on sale! Woo!!
______________________________________________

I've got a flickr account now, but I don't have a camera or a cord for my camera phone yet, so stuff will get put up very slowly. But don't let that stop you from checking it out!

That's all I can think of for now, have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. The dress? Gorgeous.

    The URL Name story? Hilarious.

    I always liked it withOUT the backstory, but now enjoy it even more so.

    ReplyDelete